Old 10-26-2009, 06:03 PM

Default Ok so I screwed up

So I have an ics m4 sir and i took the gun apart to measure my inner barrel. As i was doing this i pulled the charging handle out and in doing that something happened to the spring. The charging handle will not spring back into place and when i try to put the inner barrel back in and then the cylinder the spring just bends and bunches up making it impossible to put the gun back together.

Anyone know what i did wrong and how can i fix it?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:48 PM

NOTE: I have yet to figure out a way to correct this at home....

What you did when you removed the C-Handle is stretched the spring too much.. Now it has so much slack it is drooping in the way of you reassembling it correctly.. If you just want to get it back together, while you are inserting the inner barrell and Hop Up assembly, just pull the c-Handle back enough to take up the slack. This will allow you to reassemble the gun... I have this prob for a few months, I tried removing the spring and winding it in hopes of tightening it, but that only halped a bit. But depending on how bad you over stretched will determine how much a PITA this is gonna be in the long run. Mine has function fine, but the c-Handle is almost useless in regards to pulling it and making adjustment and it returning to its intended position.

It helps to have the spring with correct tension, but it is not necessarry for the function and use of the gun. You could take the spring off and just manually push the C-handle back in position after Hop adjustment.. Or buy a replacement kit.. But that seems a bit extreme IMHO..

I hope this info helps.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:20 PM

thanks for the info, i just reassembled the gun with out the c-handle and it works fine until i get a new spring, because i stretched it big time
Old 01-02-2010, 03:37 AM

I have made few times own spring from the c-handle. I have taken the spring from a pencil. Maybe need to stretch little and cut and bend it in right shape.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 PM

I've done this to a m4 i used to have, now im not sure if the ICS is a different design but what i did was just figured out the length the spring should be then cut it there, bend out the last two coils from the cut so it is like the original loop that was there before, worked for me so hope it helps you!
EDIT-Wow i should have checked the date on this, sorry for the necro post.

Last edited by Rifled-n-Ready; 06-09-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to stanletmontena Send a message via Skype™ to stanletmontena

Its pretty easy to assemble it once you do it few times.